TPS Printing has been in business for over 35 years. It was started by Jerry Wissing and is still owned and operated by Jerry and his family. Our original location was on Miramar Road in San Diego, but after moving 3 times to accommodate our growing business we finally found a great, centrally-located building in Sorrento Mesa. Our current location is large enough to house all of our printing and bindery equipment with room to continue expanding. We have been in our current location since 1990.
Through the years we have seen many changes in the printing industry. Our first offset press was an old Heidelberg Windmill press. It was very labor-intensive but we were thrilled just to see it print. Our graphic design department consisted of just a typesetting machine – there were no computers, no email, no electronic files, and of course, no cell phones. Today we are one of the technological leaders in the printing industry. We are constantly seeking new and better ways to provide the best products to our customers while staying competitive.
In 2012 we chose to make a difference for our environment by converting our building to solar power. In doing this, we lowered our energy costs which we pass on as savings to our customers.
Our goal as a business is to continually offer the best printing services and products to our customers. We understand that what we produce for you reflects who you are as a company. Our success is due to your success and we will not lose sight of that.
Here are a few articles so you can know us better:
- Meet Our Team
- A Peek Inside TPS Printing
- President’s Letter
- Our Equipment
- The Environment
Our one objective is to make you look good. Here’s how:
- Trust – We’ll tell you the truth, and we won’t exaggerate.
- Price – We’ll earn your loyalty by consistently being competitive with our pricing.
- Speed – We are efficient. We’ll finish your order quickly and with a sense of urgency.
- Quality – We’ll carefully inspect your printed project more than once to ensure the highest quality.
- Enthusiasm and Friendliness – We only hire customer service representatives who have positive attitudes, a concern for others, and a high level of attention to detail. They are a well-trained, enthusiastic, and caring bunch of professionals who are determined to exceed your expectations.
We’re Here to Make You Happy
- The power of positive surprise. No matter how high your expectations, we always try to provide something “extra” to exceed them. We hope to create a sense of astonishment, amazement, or plain old relief whenever you need a special favor from your printer. We call it the power of positive surprise.
- We never celebrate mediocrity. If your printing doesn’t turn out the right way, we throw it away (in the recycle bin, of course) and start over. It doesn’t happen often, but when it does, we won’t quit until your project looks exceptional. If you look good – we look good!
- We specialize in impossible deadlines. Are you in a jam because of a tight deadline? Your search ends here! We are staffed and equipped to make minor miracles. It’s fun to see the look of relief on a stressed-out customer’s face when we come through in an unexpected way. It makes our day.
- We’ll work late, so you don’t have to. Got a really big job? No problem. We’ll work late and start early if we need to. That’s why the early morning crew at Starbucks knows us by name.
- We answer the phone. Ok, it sounds simple, but you’re too important to us to put you through the hassle of using an “automated attendant” phone system. Since you’re a real person, we figure it’s only right that you get to talk to a real person when you call. Besides, we really like talking to you, so everybody wins. By the way, when you call, somebody nice will always answer.
- Honesty counts. How do you really know you’re getting the 5,000 envelopes you just paid for? With some print providers, you don’t. We provide accurate counts, and then… we give you a few extras, just to say thanks.
- Happy employees, Have you ever seen a company with unhappy employees who had happy customers? Neither have we.
We’re Local and We Act Local
Have you noticed that customer service isn’t what it used to be? Are you tired of customer service being available only through email or handled by someone who can hardly speak English? Are you concerned about credit card security when you order products online? Have you ever visited an out-of-town chain store at the mall and felt like – when you finally found a clerk to help you – they were disinterested and acted like you’re interrupting them?
Well, we have great news for you!
You don’t have to use an 800 number to call us because we’re a locally owned business. We’d be happy to accept your credit card for payment, and your transactions here are 100% secure.
Oh, and by the way, you’re not an interruption of our work; you’re the purpose of our work. In fact, we love it when you call us or stop in to visit.
Every single customer is important to us. Here, you’re not a number. You’re a real person with a name.
We are truly grateful when you give us the chance to be a business partner and your printer. We want you to know that it’s totally ok to have high expectations for customer service when you work with our printing firm.
So please, go ahead and call us. Somebody nice will always answer.